OXFORD FROZEN FOODS LIMITED, a member of the Bragg Group of Companies, is a vertically integrated wild blueberry farming and processing company as well a major producer of frozen carrot products and battered vegetables. We have an opportunity for a Sustainability Manager located in Oxford, NS.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Sustainability Manager will work with the entire food group including Farming, Forestry, Wind Farm, and Factories as well connected logistics to develop a comprehensive plan and strategy. The ideal candidate should possess a keen interest in Environmental Stewardship.
- Implementation and further development of Corporate Sustainability Program.
- Help develop green policies and initiatives that emphasize the proper use of environmental resources with a focus on sustaining resources for future generations.
- Oversee and Execution of Site Energy Management Programs.
- Track Energy Reduction and Greenhouse Gas Emission targets against overall corporate reduction targets.
- Sustainability and energy management coaching as well as project development and management throughout various sites.
- Oversee the implementation of sustainability strategies and ensure that the environmental impacts of all new projects are considered and that projects adhere to the most economically and environmentally friendly methods possible.
- Research, development and implementation of policies that improve the organization’s environmental impact without detracting from other business goals.
- Responsible for ensure adherence to environmental laws and industry regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in a related field of study, Engineering or Sciences with an environmental component or equivalent experience.
- Professional designation (C.E.M., A.Sc.T, C.Tech, C.E.T. or P.Eng) preferred.
- Relevant experience in Environmental Engineering or Sciences would be considered and asset.
- Must have Canadian Citizenship or legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Must have a valid passport.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills.
- Strong ability to balance immediate and long term work with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of environmental laws, regulations and standards.
- Ability to develop projects, plans and budgets, and to engage in ongoing communication with senior management and various stakeholders.
- Computer skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Teams.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Strong written communication skills including experience developing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated professional judgement, consistency, and attention to detail.
Please forward your resume with a covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the above qualifications. Resumes should be faxed or e-mailed referencing “Sustainability Manager” to:
Oxford Frozen Foods Limited
PO Box 220
Oxford, NS B0M 1P0
Fax : 902-552-3016
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Deadline: November 30, 2020