Purchasing Agent, Oxford Frozen Foods, Oxford, NS
OXFORD FROZEN FOODS LIMITED, a member of the Bragg Group of Companies, is the World’s largest grower, processor and supplier of quality frozen wild blueberries and a major producer of frozen carrot products and battered vegetables. We are supplying to more than 30 Countries around the World. We have an immediate opportunity for a Purchasing Agent located in Oxford, NS.
The successful candidate will provide assistance to the entire purchasing team including the stockroom when required. Receive and review all assigned purchase requisitions. Processes requisitions in accordance with company established policies and procedures. Locate, evaluate and contact suppliers. The Purchasing Agent will be required to negotiate prices and select the most suitable supplier(s). Issue purchase orders and follow up on delivery and end user inquiries.
This position will be of interest to individuals who possess:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter with strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Proficient in a computerized environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently when required.
- Professional level communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is a requirement.
Please forward your resume with a covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the above qualifications. Resumes should be faxed or e-mailed referencing “Purchasing Agent” to:
Oxford Frozen Foods Limited
PO Box 220
Oxford, NS B0M 1P0
Fax : 902-552-3016
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.
Deadline: January 17, 2020 @ 5:00pm