Oxford Frozen Foods is currently seeking for a full time, year round Fleet Mechanic to join our Maintenance team, located in Oxford, NS.
The Fleet Mechanic ensures the proper functioning and operation of material handling equipment, such as forklifts, shunt trucks, trailers etc. This mechanic position requires that all tasks be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Red Seal accreditation preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- English essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly inspecting vehicles and detecting any malfunctions, damages, or wear parts and repairing the same while conducting regular service and inspections.
- Attending to telephone calls and e-mail correspondence from customers and addressing their queries and requests.
- Placing orders for necessary replacement and spare parts and ensuring their timely procurement.
- Working in tandem with all applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Coordinating work with other departments and employees of the organization.
- Interacting with employees to know of any malfunctions in the equipment they are operating.
- Test driving equipment to detect issues and repairing.
- Ensuring the proper handling of all repair tools and testing equipment.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your resume with a covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the above qualifications. Resumes should be faxed or e-mailed to:
Oxford Frozen Foods Limited
PO Box 220
Oxford, NS B0M 1P0
Fax : 902-552-3016
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.